6.5.10

Would your story be published?

The more time I have and the more quietness I get I'm almost forced into this corner of my life that makes me think and reflect on everything over and over.
The thing that keeps getting to me is this thought "If there was to be a second Bible, would my story be great enough to be put in there?"
Now, I'm not saying there is going to be one, for the Bible we have is here to last this whole life- I'm just asking myself if what I'm doing now would be something God would want to teach others about. Would I be the beggar on the steps of the synagogue, get healed and praise God for the rest of my days (hypathetically)? Or would I be used as a parable to teach how to not be, like the seeds growing among weeds?
Its hard for a lot of people, even me, to comprehend that every story can relate in a way. Its our guide, its our light.
Recently, i read the book of Revalations in all its wonder and majesticness. It's so crazy to think that that stuff will occur on the very ground we walk on. For me, since we don't know when all this is gonna go down, its hard to me to pin point what story I could be. It scares me, because I dont know how to prepare the rest of my life. Do I just drop everything to get prepared for the coming of these events to occur soon? Screw college, lets get the book of Revalations going!

If my story was in the Bible, I could only hope that it would be that I conquered my own weaknesses and sins through Jesus Christ. I pray that every day I'll grow stronger.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

mm, that's so good, Krysteah!!

I just want to touch on the Revelations and focus on just that part...

Yeah, I'm beginning to love end time stuff! I don't know much, but what I'm learning, I'm LOVING! Reminds me when I was at your house for my senior project and you, me, and your dad were talking about all this stuff. I think Amanda was there too maybe! But as far as the whole dropping everything to get prepared thing goes, I believe that when we find what He is CALLING us specifically to do, we will be lining up with the "end times stuff" And that goes with your other part, "what part in His story am I playing?" It's just so flippin cool! When we find what He hs made us to do, we WILL be living worthy of being in the Bible! Because we're playing our part! And as we are living in His purposes, we are bringing the end in our own way.

Girl, I want to talk to you about so much I'm learning...just with what I think the Church of America is going to eventually look like...as we become more Truth driven with the Gospel and as we don't water it down, we are going to be increasingly persecuted. I think, if we Christians begin to truly wake up, the American Church will become like the book of Acts...eventually. Or atleast, I hope so. But the sad truth is, we've gotten to a place as the Church where we are trying to be tolerant without being tolerant. We're trying not to offend others, yet still bring the Gospel...eventually we'll either be lost completely, or we'll have to choose to be bold. Because we are already starting to be persecuted...the whole world's way of saying, "Tolerating all except the intolerant" which HAS to be us, because we don't believe everyone else could/is right. And I am ALSO not talking about being the Christians that go around screaming at people; if we're being true to the Gospel and TRULY unashamed of it, then persecution will find us...but through that persecution brings His glory...

Haha, anyways...this whole thing is for another time..

I just love you and I LOVED reading this because it's sooo true! Mmm, I want to constantly ask myself if I'm living worthy to be in the Bible.. Do I KNOW Him? Would I be willing to leave my father and mother and give up everything for Him? mmm...thank you. I'm going to keep that question with me. :)

Pairs and Pears said...

aw yay! I miss you so much amanda :) You have to come back and just spill out everything you've been going through and what you've learned. It'll be so great to listen to!
Your always encouraging and loving in everything you do!

Anonymous said...

"If my story was in the Bible, I could only hope that it would be that I conquered my own weaknesses and sins through Jesus Christ. I pray that every day I'll grow stronger."

That was my favorite part.