2.11.08

I wish...

I wish to be deaf.
I wouldn't have to worry about what others say, i wouldn't understand what listening means, nor would i care. Because even though things in this life are worth listening to, such as the gentle strum of a guitar or the wind brushing through a tree, it can be ruined, destroyed by the voices of men. Careless remarks, meaningless words that catches the ear on fire. I want to run around and scream when I'm being burned, but i just take it in and ignore the smell of burnt flesh. It doesn't hurt that much from an enemy, compared to a friend. Then some, i call my friends; but the never answered question of that, lingers and rots.
I wish to be blind.
So i couldn't see their judgmental faces. Those eyes that scan through your being and curse you for being you. I would give up my view of the ocean, skies and full bloomed flowers; not to share a glance with them.
I tried to be like them. Fake. Live by what they think is right.
But in realization i can't. I wish not to be hypercritical, and yet now i am.
Perhaps all this wanting of mine makes me just like them.
Is this not what they hurt for? For acceptance among their own kind? To push others down as their footstools so they could take a higher stand.
More than anything...
I wish to be their opposite.

6 comments:

Kristina Weeks said...

hmm.

Don't you know that your body is a temple that belongs to the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit, whom you received from God, lives in you. You don't belong to yourselves. --1 Corinthians 6:19 (God's Word Translation)

you don't have to worry about what other people think of you when you are filled with the Holy Spirit. let him be your justification. you are strong in Christ.

John 15:19

Amanda said...

mmm.

I agree with Kristina's comment.

also, be real with people that seem like that to you, especially friends. I know that's advice that I don't always take myself, but I think if it doesn't come out, God's gonna get it out one way or the other. You just don't want that one way to be a friendship ending badly.

I wonder what it would be like if we were completely honest and real with each other, you know?

probably chaos. in the first degree. because everyone would be so forced to look at themselves and be reminded of who God has called them to be, that they wouldn't stay in who they are for long, because we would hold each other accountable so much.

lol, sorry for making this a novel, but I guess I've been thinking about this stuff too.

Amanda said...

or third degree - I was never good at burns. :P I just meant it as for-real chaos, because we would be upfront with each other in a "first" way. baha. i'm dumb.

Pairs and Pears said...

guys...its just a poem.

Amanda said...

haha. normally when I write things it comes from what I'm going through, lol, i just thought you were going through it since you wrote about it, lol, sorry for all the advice. :P

aha, my word verification was: whaca. :D

Amanda said...

Hey girl! So with my senior project I am making a documentary (kind of like a news thing)about Cerebral Palsy. I'm kind of at a loss when it comes to editing things from a camera and my dad mentioned that your dad might know more of what to do with that since he's good at that kind of stuff. So if your dad has time and would be willing, do you think he could help me out?